[LLVMdev] llc instability when generating ARM code - contractor desired

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Aug 3 23:55:40 PDT 2010

Hello, Nathan

> 2. The following assertion failure in RegisterScavenging.cpp (using llc2.6):
Use top of the tree, not LLVM 2.6, not even 2.7. ARM support is pretty
much buggy and weak in 2.7

> Build/Targets/arm-android-linux/Debug/program.bc:2102864: Error: invalid
> constant (6b4) after fixup
> Program arm-eabi-g++ returned error code 1
Make sure you're using the latests binutils snapshot, prev. versions
are known buggy.
2.20.1 release is not enough.

These two rules should reduce the amount of problems, I'd suppose, down to zero.
--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov