[LLVMdev] Triple for PS3

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:03:53 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm doing some preliminary work to get Clang to compile for PS3 targets.  As
an intermediate step in that direction, could someone do me the favor of
reviewing and submitting the enclosed patch, or giving me feedback on it?

Basically, I need to be able to differentiate the triple for a PS3 target.
These are the triples currently used in the gcc-based compiler from the PS3
devkit:

ppu-unknown-lv2
spu-unknown-lv2

"ppu" is an alias for the existing ppc64 architecture (though in the future
there might need to be some specialization), "spu" is already an alias for
cellspu, and "lv2" is the alias for a new Lv2 type, refering to the name
used for the PS3 OS.

Thanks.

-John

--