[LLVMdev] LLVM-gcc for Ada

Andre Tavares andrelct at dcc.ufmg.br
Tue May 26 09:22:48 PDT 2009

Duncan Sands wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>

>> In file included from ../../gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:23:
>> ../../gcc/llvm-internal.h:31: fatal error: vector: No such file or directory
>> compilation terminated.
>>

> line 31 of llvm-internal.h is:
>
> #include <vector>
>
> so if that's failing then your C++ compiler is somehow borked.
> How did you arrange to use the right gcc for the build?  Maybe
> that's getting in the way of g++ somehow.
>

>> Do you have an idea of what it is?
>>

> I suggest you do like this: make sure the system C++ compiler is working
> and in your path.  To use the Ada enabled gcc for building do:
>    export PATH=/home/andrelct/apps/gnat-2007/bin:$PATH
> before configuring, building etc.  (Assuming this is where the GNAT
> GPL 2007 gcc is).
>

>> My new config is
>> ../configure --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,ada --disable-bootstrap
>> --disable-nls --disable-multilib --enable-checking
>> --program-prefix=llvm- --prefix=/home/andrelct/apps/llvm-gcc/build/
>> --bindir=/home/andrelct/apps/gnat-2007/build/bin
>>

> Not sure why you are using --bindir here?
>

>> --enable-llvm=/home/andrelct/apps/llvm
>>

> Ciao,
>
> Duncan.

Hey Duncan,

my g++ is broken, but I used g++-4.3 and it worked. Unfortunately there
is another problem. If I compile with llvm-gcc the ali file resulting
says V "GNAT Lib v4.2" on the first line. So it compiled version 4.2 and
so gnatbind and gnatlink does not work because they are version 4.1.3.

If I compile the same program using gcc of the gnat2007, the ali file
says that the version is 4.1.3, the right one.

Somehow the lib version that llvm-gcc is being compiled is 4.2. Do you
know how to get the 4.1.3 version?

Thanks

--
Andre Tavares
Master Student in Computer Science - UFMG - Brasil