[LLVMdev] LLVM-gcc for Ada

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Tue May 26 12:44:19 PDT 2009

Hi Andre,

> my g++ is broken, but I used g++-4.3 and it worked. Unfortunately there
> is another problem. If I compile with llvm-gcc the ali file resulting
> says V "GNAT Lib v4.2" on the first line.

yes, that's because llvm-gcc is based on gcc 4.2.

So it compiled version 4.2 and
> so gnatbind and gnatlink does not work because they are version 4.1.3.

When you built llvm-gcc, you also built appropriate versions of gnatbind
and gnatmake.  Don't mix versions: use
   export PATH=path_to_wherever_llvm_gcc_lives:$PATH
before doing stuff.  Since the gnatbind and gnatmake you built should be
there too, you will use consistent versions and all will be fine.

> If I compile the same program using gcc of the gnat2007, the ali file
> says that the version is 4.1.3, the right one.
>
> Somehow the lib version that llvm-gcc is being compiled is 4.2. Do you
> know how to get the 4.1.3 version?

Version 4.1.3 is the wrong one: it is the version of GPL 2007.  You
want 4.2 because that's what llvm-gcc is.

What are you trying to compile by the way?

Also, does "cd llvm_gcc_build_directory/gcc && make -k check-acats"
work?  Do you get any test failures?

Ciao,

Duncan.