[LLVMdev] Using non-system compiler to build llvm and llvm-gcc front end

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed May 6 14:32:10 PDT 2009

Hello, Scott

> Yes, so I have read -- which is why I initially installed gcc-4.2.4.
> My original post was looking for help on how to use gcc-4.2.4. Some
> suggestions were made, but I was not able to get everything built. It
> seems that despite attempting to configure with everything pointing to
> gcc-4.2.4 (and not the system gcc 4.1.2), at some point in the build,
> something would look for a file or use a file from the system gcc
> 4.1.2.
That's correct. Since you have everything linked as shared libraries
system dynamic linker will pick the shared library installed in the
default library location. Most probably you will need to edit
/etc/ld.so.conf and put the gcc 4.2.4 library path there *before*
system compiler one and rerun "ldconfig" (from root)....

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov