[LLVMdev] Using non-system compiler to build llvm and llvm-gcc front end

Scott Ricketts sricketts at maxentric.com
Wed May 6 13:26:59 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Anton Korobeynikov
<anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
> Even if you'll succeed, most probably LLVM will be miscompiled. gcc
> 4.1.2 is known buggy: http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#brokengcc

Yes, so I have read -- which is why I initially installed gcc-4.2.4.
My original post was looking for help on how to use gcc-4.2.4. Some
suggestions were made, but I was not able to get everything built. It
seems that despite attempting to configure with everything pointing to
gcc-4.2.4 (and not the system gcc 4.1.2), at some point in the build,
something would look for a file or use a file from the system gcc
4.1.2.

I would love to get this built using gcc-4.2.4, but I think I could
use some help. If someone could point me to the relevant config
variables, I might be able to debug this.