[LLVMdev] physical registers content/data print out

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Jun 23 08:20:45 PDT 2009

Hello, Michael

> I am using LLVM version 2.5. I am trying to build traces, using lli –print-machineinstrs to print out the machine instructions. But I don’t get access to the physical registers values (e.g.  %R4=??). Is it possible to print out this physical registers values? I’d tried to modify the MachineInstr.cpp, but I can’t find the right place/value.
-print-machineinstrs will print instructions after the codegen, not
traces. There is currently no way to obtain neither traces nor values
of registers. LLVM executes stuff on per-function basis, not per
instruction, also JIT does not model registers in any way.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov