[LLVMdev] llvmc for PIC16

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:30:06 PDT 2009

Hi Sanjiv,

2009/6/18 Sanjiv Gupta <sanjiv.gupta at microchip.com>:
> Hi Mikhail,
> Thanks for your wonderful help so far. I have few more questions to ask:
>
> How do I modify the driver to pick tools from where the driver itself
> resides, rather than from the PATH?
> Do I need to write some C++ code to customize such behaviors?

Yes, this is what hooks are for. You're supposed to change the
cmd_line property to something like this:

(cmd_line "$CALL(PrependCustomizedPath, 'toolname') --tool --options")

The PrependCustomizedPath function above is implemented in C++ (just
drop a .cpp file into the plugin directory).

> And how to make sure that we have same behavior on Windows as far as paths
> (/ Vs \) and  picking up tools from the driver directory is concerned?

Right now, you can't do OS detection in TableGen code, so you should
use hooks for platform-specific things.

Also, do not hesitate to mail me or file a bug if you notice some
warts in Windows support. One known issue is that DLL plugins do not
work. I test on both Linux and Windows, but develop mainly on Linux.

BTW, Chris's Makefile changes broke llvmc yesterday (r75379). I'm
working on a fix.