[LLVMdev] Some understanding of LLVM vs gCC vs Intel C++ Compilers

David Greene dag at cray.com
Mon Jun 15 16:43:58 PDT 2009

On Monday 15 June 2009 01:32, me22 wrote:

> My (possibly faultly) understanding is that intel's has good support
> for numerics, presumably through auto-vectorization and such, but only

Yes, that's true.

> works for intel's architectures and is only excellent on intel chips.

That used to be the case, but not so anymore.  Intel compilers generate
just fine code for AMD processors.  Since AMD doesn't produce their
own compilers, it's likely on par with any other vendor producing an
AMD compiler.

Well, except for Cray, that is.  :)

*ducks*

But hey, we use LLVM to do it!