[LLVMdev] please stabilize the trunk

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Thu Jul 16 12:04:49 PDT 2009

2009/7/15 Török Edwin <edwintorok at gmail.com>:
> I'm not too keen about seeing buildbots play with trunk ;)
>
> How about starting simple, and just auto-tagging builds that work?
> Could be done per OS/arch, and one global tag when all buildbots pass.

I don't know anything about svn performance. Would this negatively
impact llvm.org, which is already pretty strained?

If this is reasonable I think I can update my buildbots to do this
fairly easily. The global tag is difficult since it requires
coordination, but individual tags would be easy. It would be nice to
get the mails from them filtered out, otherwise it will make the
commit list very noisy.

> It would also be useful to have a SVN pre/post-commit hook display the
> number of current buildbot failures,
> as a reminder that trunk is broken.

I think this would have a negative performance impact, at least until
llvm.org is running the public buildmaster.

 - Daniel