[LLVMdev] llvm-ld's output file names.

Sanjiv Gupta sanjiv.gupta at microchip.com
Sun Jul 12 09:57:55 PDT 2009

Hi Mikhail,

I have one more problem related to driver/llvm-ld at my hand for which i
could not think of any solution. May be you can help.
We use llvm-ld as a linker to link .bc alongwith other .bc libs. example

$ llvm-ld  foo.bc -l std -o tmp.bc

Now this command generates two files  1. tmp.bc (lli executable script)
2. tmp.bc.bc (the linked output .bc)

Now i am interested only in "tmp.bc.bc" and that is what should be
passed as INFILE to further tools like llc.

So there is a disconnect ,  the OUTFILE name of llvm-ld is "tmp.bc" but
the INFILE for llc is "tmp.bc.bc" .

Is this possible in driver? or should I hack llvm-ld?

- Sanjiv