[LLVMdev] -static option with llvm-arm-gcc

Won J Jeon wjjeon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:41:45 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm testing my llvm-arm toolchain by compiling a simple source code (like
hello world). Particularly, when I use '-static' option for compilation, I
have the following error message.

$ llvm-arm-gcc -o hello hello.c -static

/home/wonjeon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc//usr/lib/libc.a(backtrace.o):
In function `backtrace':

backtrace.c:(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Backtrace'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have no problem for '-static' option with llvm-gcc for x86 and
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc with for ARM without llvm though.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Won