[LLVMdev] Getting address of label in jitted code[MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]

Nicolas Geoffray nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr
Sat Jan 24 02:05:54 PST 2009

Mark Shannon wrote:
> So how does llvm.dbg.stoppoint work?
> Or does it? I can't seem to get anywhere with it.
> And how do the VMKit people support line number info for the JVM?

We don't support it. The complexity of implementing it in LLVM does not
worth the ability to print a line number (for now).

> I really need to get the machine addresses of particular points in the
> code,

So, really, you *can't* right now. I definitely hope that one day LLVM
will be able to do that, just for your simple case, or getting line
numbers or doing dynamic on stack replacement.

Nicolas