[LLVMdev] Getting address of label in jitted code[MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]

Mark Shannon marks at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 09:19:47 PST 2009

Gordon Henriksen wrote:

>>> What's your plan for restoring register and memory state?
>> Put everything in memory at the yield point, (its for x86 only at
>> the moment). Not super efficient, but should work.
>>
>> So how do I get the address? ;)
>

> Hi Mark,
>
> Dan was asking a loaded question. The answer is that LLVM doesn't
> support taking the address of a label because of the question he asked.

So how does llvm.dbg.stoppoint work?
Or does it? I can't seem to get anywhere with it.
And how do the VMKit people support line number info for the JVM?

I really need to get the machine addresses of particular points in the
code, and I don't want to have to hack the x86 machine code emitter
or introduce my own intrinsics.

Mark