[LLVMdev] Build problems on MinGW

Duncan Pierce duncan at duncanpierce.org
Sat Jan 17 09:58:58 PST 2009

2009/1/13 Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info>:
> Hello, Duncan
>
> * LD (which I took to be representative of Binutils version) 2.17.50
> 20060824

> Why you're using such old binutils? 2.18.50-20080109 definitely worked for
> me (and release binaries were built so...).

Thank you for your reply Anton. I'm sorry it's taken a while to get
back to you. This binutils came with the MinGW installer. I have made
some progress by reinstalling according to these instructions, though
I took slightly more recent versions in some cases and also found I
needed Perl (thank you Anton and Ted):

http://blogs.tedneward.com/2008/02/24/Building+LLVM+On+Windows+Using+MinGW32.aspx

Now I can compile and install llvm-2.4 but the first step in the
tutorial fails for me with another missing symbol:

$ g++ -g tut1.cpp `llvm-config --cxxflags --ldflags --libs core` -o tut1
/mingw/lib/libLLVMSystem.a(Process.o):Process.cpp:(.text+0x8d):
undefined reference to `GetProcessMemoryInfo at 12'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm using GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.18.50.20080109.

Thanks for any further help you can provide,

Duncan Pierce