[LLVMdev] Build problems on MinGW

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Jan 13 14:41:42 PST 2009

Hello, Duncan

> * LD (which I took to be representative of Binutils version) 2.17.50
> 20060824
> None of these are marked "bad" in your compatibility matrix, but not
> many of them are marked "good" either.
>
> During build I get lots of missing symbol errors from LD. Near the end
> it goes through a monster link step that spews many screenfuls of link
> errors. Here's an example from near the end:
Smells like binutils problem. In the past I filled 2 or 3 binutils
bugs as a result of LLVM compilation on mingw (all of them were fixed,
but I don't recall the specific versions of binutils, unfortunately).

Why you're using such old binutils? 2.18.50-20080109 definitely worked
for me (and release binaries were built so...).

---
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov