[LLVMdev] Volunteers needed for LLVM Release Team

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Jan 16 05:21:19 PST 2009

Hello,

> I noticed that the mingw release only contains binaries and not
> libraries nor header files.
That's correct, because headers will contain, for example, absolute
paths from the box I've built the libraries on (mostly in config.h and
llvm-config script). I won't provide neither libraries nor headers,
since I don't know how to make them 'path-neutral' without much hand
work.

> This would mean that people who want to use LLVM with the Haskell
> bindings on Windows don't have to build and install LLVM (first
> installing mingw), but they could just download binaries and install
> those.
I don't understand. If you want to use libraries / headers - then you
will need a compiler anyway. Why not spent few dozens minutes to build
LLVM?

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov