[LLVMdev] Unit test patch, updated

Misha Brukman brukman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:37:01 PST 2009

2009/1/1 Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com>

>  On Jan 1, 2009, at 1:21 AM, Talin wrote:
> > I'm thinking that getting unit tests for the classes in ADT should
> > be an early goal.
>
> Can I suggest the AP[S]Int class?  If you look in llvm/test/Integer
> you'll see a whole bunch of tests that really want to be unit tests
> but that aren't.  :(

Chris, do you mean *all* the .ll files in that dir should become unittests,
or are you talking about some specific files that should be unittests, and
others that should stay as llvm-as/llvm-dis tests?

I'm assuming a##.* are prime candidates, what about the others?  Are the
double llvm-as/llvm-dis tests about bitcode printing/parsing or are they
really testing some auto-simplification built-in to the APSInt class?