[LLVMdev] IR in XML

John Clements aoeullvm at brinckerhoff.org
Wed Feb 4 17:30:46 PST 2009

On Feb 4, 2009, at 5:11 PM, me22 wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 19:19, Jon Harrop <jon at ffconsultancy.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a tool to spit LLVM's IR out in a more machine-friendly
>> syntax like
>> XML?
>>

> It seems like the correct, if unhelpful, answer to that is bitcode,
> which is far more machine-friendly (by my definition) than XML.
>
> What's your eventual goal?

I'm not the one who asked, but I would love to see something like
this, not because it's more machine-friendly, but because it's a
representation that most languages can handle.

To wit: I'm manipulating IR in Scheme.  If there was a two-way map
between XML terms and LLVM IR, my life would be much simpler.

S-expressions would be even better, but I'm not holding my breath. :)

John Clements