[LLVMdev] IR in XML

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Wed Feb 4 17:32:39 PST 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 01:11:51 me22 wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 19:19, Jon Harrop <jon at ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> > Is there a tool to spit LLVM's IR out in a more machine-friendly syntax
> > like XML?
>
> It seems like the correct, if unhelpful, answer to that is bitcode,
> which is far more machine-friendly (by my definition) than XML.

I am toying with the idea of a managed IR that converts LLVM IR into code for
my VM that runs in a safe environment, allowing code compiled from any of
LLVM's front-ends (C, C++, Fortran) to be run in a managed environment and
then interoperated with more easily (and safely) from other managed
languages.

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e