[LLVMdev] Help adding the Bullet physics sdk benchmark to the LLVM test suite?

Erwin Coumans erwin.coumans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:29:09 PST 2009

Hi,

We are developing the open source Bullet physics engine, used by game and
movie studios,
and compiler performance tuning is important to us. See
http://bullet.googlecode.com
The physics engine includes collision detection, rigid body dynamics and
soft body dynamics.

I've been following the LLVM project for a while, and it seems the Clang C++
compiler is mature enough
to compile our source tree and benchmarks. Bullet 2.75 uses a lot of
SIMD-friendly vector operations,
that might be an interesting addition to the LLVM test suite.

We have cmake and autoconf/automake build system support, and the latest
benchmark is just a console application.
The SDK is under Bullet/src and the benchmarks Bullet/Demos/Benchmarks

I'm not very familiar with the LLVM test-suite. Is someone interested to
help integrating Bullet in the test suite?
Thanks a lot,
Erwin