[LLVMdev] Rebuilding LLVM libraries with LLVM-GCC on Windows

Michael Ness mike at liquido2.com
Tue Dec 8 10:47:07 PST 2009

Some additional information about the setup may be of interest:

I'm using CMake to generate the make files for MSYS.  All appears to go well
until the tools are compiled.

The undefined references seem to be coming from the libraries that were just
compiled:

../../lib/libLLVMBitReader.a(BitcodeReader.cpp.obj):fake:(.rdata$linkonce_ZTVN4llvm8ConstantE+0x10):
undefined reference to `llvm::Value::dump() const'

Apparently it's not being linked with libLLVMCore.a among other libs.

The command line it's using is:

cd /C/Development/llvm-2.5/tools/opt &&
/C/Development/llvm-gcc/bin/llvm-g++.exe
"CMakeFiles/opt.dir/AnalysisWrappers.cpp.obj"
"CMakeFiles/opt.dir/GraphPrinters.cpp.obj"
"CMakeFiles/opt.dir/PrintSCC.cpp.obj" "CMakeFiles/opt.dir/opt.cpp.obj"   -o
../../bin/opt.exe -Wl,--out-implib,../../lib/libopt.dll.a -Wl,--major-image-version,0,--minor-image-version,0
../../lib/libLLVMipo.a ../../lib/libLLVMScalarOpts.a
../../lib/libLLVMInstrumentation.a ../../lib/libLLVMBitWriter.a
../../lib/libLLVMBitReader.a -limagehlp -lpsapi -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32
-lwinspool -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32

Which clearly doesn't link against LLVMCore.

--Mike Ness