[LLVMdev] Rework of Vector/Scalar Classification

David Greene dag at cray.com
Fri Dec 4 14:44:56 PST 2009

Here's a reworked patch to mark instructions and operands as vector or scalar.
It uses TableGen to infer the flags from types, allowing the user to override
with a "let isVector = 0" clause.

I decided to forego classifying MachineMemOperands for now in the interests of
getting this piece in.  I still think we should add type information to
MachineMemOperands.  Why throw away perfectly good information we have at
the time they're created?

Obviously I will submit the patch in pieces but I wanted to show what the
overall result will be.

Please review.  Thanks!

                               -Dave