[LLVMdev] Graphviz and LLVM-TV

Misha Brukman brukman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 07:45:53 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Ioannis Nousias <
ioannis.nousias at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> Also, LLVM-TV seems outdated. I've tried to compile it with 2.5 LLVM and
> >> got various errors due to API changes. Tried to correct them, but got
> >> overwhelmed. Has the project been abandoned?
> >
> > Yes, it is really really old and abandoned.
>
> too bad. looked interesting

I've fixed the compilation and linking errors and updated the instructions
on how to build it, take a look at README.txt in SVN.

Note that it requires poolalloc module and LLVM, but poolalloc hasn't been
updated to work with top-of-trunk LLVM, so I included a recent SVN revision
which worked for me.
Poolalloc build is also broken right now, but it works enough to be used
with llvm-tv (you only need libLLVMDataStructure).

The current issue is the wxWidgets exception that you'll get when trying to
select a module in the list:

./src/gtk/evtloop.cpp(64): assert "!m_impl" failed in ~wxEventLoop(): should
have been deleted in Run()

I haven't been able to figure out what's going on here.  If you are
interested enough in llvm-tv to help me figure it out, let me know.

Misha