[LLVMdev] Porting LLVM backend is no fun yet
dag at cray.com
Tue Apr 14 11:00:44 PDT 2009
On Monday 13 April 2009 12:44, Dan Gohman wrote:
> There certainly are wishlist items for TableGen and TableGen-based
> instruction descriptions, though I don't know of an official list.
Here's a few on my list in addition to what you mentioned:
1. Multiclass inheritance. I've implemented that here and am working toward
getting it upstream.
2. defm can inherit from multiple multiclasses. Also implemented here and
working its way upstream.
3. Passing subclasses as arguments so one can re-use template code.
This is really, really hard to implement the way things are right now. I
tried and gave up. :(
4. !nameconcat - works like !strconcat but looks up a symbol when it's done.
This is really useful when trying to reuse dag patterns. Also implemented
here and working its way upstream.
5. !cast - Given a string, look up a symbol, expecting a particular type for
6. Documentation! I hope to contribute something here as I can. I've leard A
LOT over the last few weeks.
More information about the llvm-dev