[LLVMdev] Math Library Intrinsics as native intrinsics

Villmow, Micah Micah.Villmow at amd.com
Tue Apr 14 08:39:29 PDT 2009

Dan,
 I have a large list of functions(60+) that I want to be legalized. I
have currently been adding them in the same manner as pow/exp etc...
These functions come in both scalar and vector versions of up to 16
elements as the 1.0 spec requires. Is this something that I could
Merge back into the tree or is another approach required?
Some of the thoughts we were having as not to clutter the llvm namespace
was to add a math namespace and the intrinsic would go there instead.
i.e. llvm.math.fpow, llvm.math.fpowi, llvm.math.fpowr, etc...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Micah