[LLVMdev] cross compiling using llvm 1.8

Kenneth Boyd zaimoni at zaimoni.com
Tue Nov 4 06:23:34 PST 2008

Aviv Peretz wrote:

> Thanks, it helped :-)
>

> I'm now building the sources and apparently my mingw installation does
> not support pthread and therefore examples/ParallelJIT.cpp fails:

I'm not exactly happy with the emulation libraries for pthread on
MingW32 available either.

> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/c/llvm1.8/generated-llvm/obj/examples/ParallelJIT'
> llvm[2]: Compiling ParallelJIT.cpp for Debug build
> c:/llvm1.8/llvm/examples/ParallelJIT/ParallelJIT.cpp:20:21: pthread.h:
> No such file or directory
> c:/llvm1.8/llvm/examples/ParallelJIT/ParallelJIT.cpp:212: error:
> `pthread_cond_t ' does not name a type
>
> ../../llvm/configure --prefix=/c/llvm1.8/generated-llvm/install/
> --enable-debug-runtime --enable-jit
>

> Is there an elegant way to skip building the examples (e.g. via a
> specific flag of cofigure) or the only way to overcome this is to
> insert #if 0 in the actual code?

Well, you could see if the tools-only target exists in the Makefile (but
I think building the examples is informative).

A sufficiently POSIX-y make will provide the -k option for "keep on
going after errors".  This should let you build all of the examples you
can build.

Of course, you may want to capture everything to a logfile since it'll
get huge.  I use something like

make -k 2>&1 | tee Build.txt

Kenneth