[LLVMdev] testsuite problems after merge

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Thu Mar 20 10:39:23 PDT 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
> I'm seeing ~100 new failures in the gcc testsuite due to the test
> file being doubled or tripled, as below.

This is due to an incorrect use of the tools. Bill, I'd be happy to
help out, but, you'd need to say how you did the merge.  I suspect you
may have just grabbed a patch and applied it three times in a row.

Roughly, what you need to do is to have a import branch that is
unmodified upstream, and then you just merge the last version of that
branch to the current version of that branch using svn merge onto your
llvm branch.

diff -r upstream current

and then look for APPLE LOCAL markers that have been added, there
should be none.  That's the best auditing method I can come up with in
seconds.

> (I doubt you can count on the APPLE LOCAL comment being there)?

Yes, you can count on them being there.