[LLVMdev] testsuite problems after merge

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Thu Mar 20 10:08:39 PDT 2008

I'm seeing ~100 new failures in the gcc testsuite due to the test file
being doubled or tripled, as below.   This appears to affect only
files that were newly imported from gcc-4.2 in the recent merge.  Does
anybody have an idea for how to mechanize fixing these (I doubt you
can count on the APPLE LOCAL comment being there)?  If there's no
better way than slogging through I'll help.  And of course we should
figure out why and prevent it from happening again....

now what? more $ld/gcc/llvm-gcc-4.2/gcc/testsuite/gcc.apple/5597292.c
/* APPLE LOCAL file 5597292 */
/* { dg-do compile } */
/* { dg-options "-static -O0 -gstabs+" } */
void * foo(unsigned int size)
{
   union {
     char _m[size];
   } *mem;
}
/* APPLE LOCAL file 5597292 */
/* { dg-do compile } */
/* { dg-options "-static -O0 -gstabs+" } */
void * foo(unsigned int size)
{
   union {
     char _m[size];
   } *mem;
}
/* APPLE LOCAL file 5597292 */
/* { dg-do compile } */
/* { dg-options "-static -O0 -gstabs+" } */
void * foo(unsigned int size)
{
   union {
     char _m[size];