[LLVMdev] NewNightlyTester.pl: split into phases?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat Mar 8 10:57:23 PST 2008

Hi all,

when looking at NewNightlyTester.pl, I see it has several distinct
phases:

1. Get a current tree
2. ./configure
3. Build
4. Run a selection of tests
7. Send test results to web site
8. Clean up

Wouldn't it make sense to allow each phase to be activated individually?
Or possibly a subset of phases, something along the lines of

  -from-phase=test -to-phase=report

With that, I could do all kinds of nifty things, such as checking out
once and running the test site for i386 and amd64; or testing compiler
options without having to re-download the source tree; or avoiding
sending irrelevant test results because the test suite isn't properly
installed yet.

Does that make sense? Problems?
I'd be willing to implement this if something like that is welcomed.

Regards,
Jo