[LLVMdev] [llvm-announce] llvm and simplescalar

Andrew Lenharth andrewl at lenharth.org
Mon Jun 16 19:04:35 PDT 2008

2008/6/16 左琦 <zqll27 at bit.edu.cn>:
> Thank you for your answers and suggestions!
> Well, I want to do some experiments about the compiler optimization in llvm
> under SPM and I need performance evaluation. As I know, alpha is a
> general-purpose CPU, so I consider that arm may be an
> alternative. Simplesim-arm is able to do performance simulation while m5-arm
> is still under development. Then, what should I do? Do the experiment under
> m5-alpha or use simplesim-arm? And if I choose to use m5-alpha, can I use
> llvm as the compiler for this simulator?

I would use something like simics if you can.  If you use an alpha
simulator you will either need to do some work on the backend or use
an older version of llvm.  If you can do your work with a different
cpu, then a simulator for x86, powerpc, or arm would probably be your
best bet for good performance (and most mature backends) from llvm.

Andrew