[LLVMdev] odd svn message

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 10 08:45:55 PDT 2008

Matthijs Kooijman wrote:
>> We are investigating if the certificate got updated by UIUC administrators
>> since they manage the certificates.
>>
> The certificate was listed as valid from June 9, 2008 so I guess the old one
> expired?

I just got email from TSG (our IT department).  They did, in fact,
install a new certificate yesterday because the old one was expiring
soon, and its fingerprint matches the one sent by Dale in his email
(41:64:18:d3:30:18:f1:34:f7:6b:fb:26:13:51:55:f7:5d:3e:08:b3).  Our
certificates are issued by Thawte, so if Thawte is not one of your
trusted CAs, you SSL software will give a warning about the certificate.

The validity date of the new certificate is:

Not Before: Jun 9 19:01:09 2008 GMT
Not After : Jun 25 19:42:38 2009 GMT

So, if you trust Thawte as a CA and your time is set correctly, the
certificate should be working for you now.

If you continue to get error messages about the certificate, please
email the list.

-- John T.