[LLVMdev] Combining LinkOnce and External

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 19:13:39 PDT 2008

Before I go writing a bug report, I want to know if the behavior I am
seeing is intended.

Before 1.3, I was able to generate a linkonce definition in one module,
and an external declaration in another module and link them together,
with the result being a defined symbol with external linkage. However,
with the latest head, it apparently discards the linkonce version, and
my output contains the declaration only, which fails when I try to
generate code.

Is it legal to combine linkonce and external in this way?

-- Talin