[LLVMdev] x86 calling conventions refactoring

Gordon Henriksen gordonhenriksen at mac.com
Tue Jan 1 17:05:24 PST 2008

Hi all,

The attachment supersedes the previous patch. It incorporates some
feedback from Anton and takes the next step of merging the largely
duplicated calling convention logic in X86ISelLowering.

LowerCCCArguments, LowerX86_64CCCArguments and LowerFastCCArguments
are merged and inlined directly into LowerFORMAL_ARGUMENTS.
I moved LowerFORMAL_ARGUMENTS to the location where LowerCCCArguments
was in order to facilitate review (otherwise the diff would contain no
useful deltas), but it should go back where it belongs afterwards.
LowerX86_64CCCCallTo and LowerX86_64CCCCallTo were consolidated with
LowerCCCCallTo.
I haven't yet tackled merging LowerCCCCallTo and LowerTailCallTo.

There net savings is 405 LOC.

I'd appreciate tests on Windows and x86-64 hosts, since some of the
logic was rather convoluted.

— Gordon