[LLVMdev] Dependence Analysis [was: Flow-Sensitive AA]

Matthieu Delahaye matthieu at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:15:18 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 09:24 -0700, Devang Patel wrote:
[...]
> - Put various tests, DeltaTest, in lib/Analysis folder. The
> transformation pass does not need to see these details.

I believe some low-level tests should actually not be implemented as a
separate Analysis but placed into Support. For instance, DeltaTest would
use GCD or other tests on a different set of indexes once constraints
are propagated. This means these tests are called on expressions that
are not necessarily present in the code itself.

> - DataDependenceAnalysis will select various dependence tests based
> on
> user selection.  We want a interface similar to AnalysisGroup used
> by
> Alias Analysis, but we also want to allow the possibility of running
> multiple tests at the same time.

That will probably be the most difficult part. But with all the people
that shows interest on using or adding new analysis here, I am hopeful
we will obtain an acceptable stable API.

Regards,
Matthieu Delahaye