[LLVMdev] Dependence Analysis [was: Flow-Sensitive AA]

Devang Patel dpatel at apple.com
Fri Aug 29 09:24:24 PDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 1:37 AM, Wojciech Matyjewicz wrote:

> I am investigating what changes are necessary to add support for
> first-class structs and arrays and will prepare a version to check
> in as
> a LLVM project if there still is interest.

We want to model this as an analysis and make following changes.

- Rename LoopMemDepAnalysis as  DataDependenceAnalysis. Various
transformation passes will use this interface to access data
dependence info. This is an external interface. Put this in include/
llvm/Analysis.
- Make DirectionVector (and later on DistanceVector) independent
interface and put them in ADT.
- Put various tests, DeltaTest, in lib/Analysis folder. The
transformation pass does not need to see these details.
- DataDependenceAnalysis will select various dependence tests based on
user selection.  We want a interface similar to AnalysisGroup used by
Alias Analysis, but we also want to allow the possibility of running
multiple tests at the same time.
- Make ArrayDepTester a private implementation detail of
DataDependenceAnalysis.

What do you think ?
-
Devang