[LLVMdev] Is there room for another build system?

Kenneth Boyd zaimoni at zaimoni.com
Wed Aug 6 12:40:59 PDT 2008

Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> [As this is turning off-topic, feel free to switch to private email]

Agreed; let's see if my local ISP's DNS is working now.
> Kenneth Boyd <zaimoni at zaimoni.com> writes:
>

>> I've been using MSYS' for slightly over a decade now.
>>

> Is MSYS so old? IIRC its existence was first made public on 2001. At the
> time I was an active MinGW-ist. (I'm getting old... :-)

That far back, my memory is fuzzy.  One of my internal C++ projects was
forced into it no later than early 2000, as it wouldn't compile on any
other C++ compiler.
> [snip]
>

>> The reason CMake won't build "out of the box" for me, is that it's
>> *misapplying* the CygWin workarounds to MinGW -- and then refusing to
>> write out something for me to fix up.
>>

> I'm having success building the LLVM libraries with CMake 2.6.1 on
> MSYS, where 2.6 failed, IIRC. Maybe this was fixed.

I will double-check, then.  (2.6.0 was the most recent available when I
downloaded to test before commenting).

Best regards,
Kenneth