[LLVMdev] News on vmkit

Nicolas Geoffray nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr
Sun Apr 20 17:15:24 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

vmkit had two major improvements recently, so I guess I should let you
know :).

First, it does not require to patch llvm. So you can use your llvm TOT
with it. There are some not-required arch-specific patches in case you
encounter problems when executing large applications. These should be
mainly for ppc external symbols and x86 SSE. Please post to llvm-dev
your test-case if you found these patches were useful.

Second, vmkit has now an interface with the boehm Garbage Collector.
Just specify that you want to use it with the configure argument
--with-gc=boehm. The GC is not included, so it has to be installed on
your system.

Have fun!

Nicolas