[LLVMdev] LLVM on MinGW

Antony Blakey antony.blakey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 04:29:07 PST 2007

BTW, you might want to checkout revision 44284. That works for me on
OSX, and I retrieved it at about the same time as the my windows
version that does compile.

On 29/11/2007, at 9:26 PM, Alain Frisch wrote:

> Antony Blakey wrote:
>> SVN head LLVM and Clang built out of the box for me a week ago on
>> MSYS/MINGW, using the following files:
>
> Ok, I tried to do the same. The compilations stops with the following
> error message (actually, I got to the same point in my attempt to
> build
> LLVM with the MinGW compiler shipped with Cygwin):
>

> llvm[1]: Compiling MachineLoopInfo.cpp for Debug build
> MachineLoopInfo.cpp: In instantiation of
> `llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>::LoopBase(const llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>&) [with
> BlockT = llvm::MachineBasicBlock]':
> MachineLoopInfo.cpp:22:   instantiated from here
> MachineLoopInfo.cpp:22: error: explicit instantiation of
> `llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>::LoopBase(const llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>&) [with
> BlockT = llvm::MachineBasicBlock]' but no definition available
> MachineLoopInfo.cpp: In instantiation of `const
> llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>&
> llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>::operator=(const llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>&) [with
> BlockT = llvm::MachineBasicBlock]':
>
> What's wrong? I know too little about C++ to understand the problem.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is
no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to
take away.
   -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery