[LLVMdev] Cell SPU backend status

Scott Michel scottm at aero.org
Mon Nov 26 13:45:36 PST 2007

It's official: Aerospace has given me permission to release the code,
such as it is. I will be checking in pieces as I fix 80-col
violations and performing general cleanups.

PLEASE NOTE: I intended to check the code into the LLVM SVN
repository when the backend could generate a clean compile of llvm-
gcc-4.2, but due to a bug, I'm going to have to check in __broken__
code.

That said,  some caveats:

- I know the code can be cleaned up.
- I know the code isn't complete. Things that need work:
   - Branches, branch prediction instructions
   - Double FP
   - Intrinsics
- Test cases need fixing (will be checking those in incrementally)

OTOH, it's a start of something that will be a benefit to the LLVM
community-at-large.

-scooter