[LLVMdev] Are 'make check' failures of interest in llvm-gcc?

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Thu Nov 15 11:59:13 PST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Török Edwin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have run 'make check' in llvm-gcc 4.0 (svn version).
> I got some failures, mostly gcc.apple tests fail (and a gcc.c-torture
> test, namely 20000804-1.c)
>
> Are these tests of any interest to llvm-gcc itself, or they are
> problems
> with "upstream" ? (gcc 4.0).
> If the former, should I submit bugreports about them?

Could be either.  I'm running this suite and seeing a lot more
failures than
you're reporting; many builtin optimizations are not done, many expected
warnings do not match gcc syntax, etc.  There are also some real bugs,
but all the ones I know of are related to rarely used features,
mostly gcc
extensions.

It would be more useful to do this in 4.2 IMO.