[LLVMdev] API changes (was Antw.: 2.0 Pre-release tarballs online)

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Tue May 22 22:47:41 PDT 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 23:52:46 -0700 (PDT)
 Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org> wrote:
>On Sun, 20 May 2007, Bram Adams wrote:

>> On a related note: while using llvmc I have some test cases where the
>> following error now pops up on Linux X86 (not on OSX):
>>
>> <premain>: CommandLine Error: Argument 'debug' defined more than once!
>> llvmc: CommandLine Error: Argument 'debug' defined more than once!
>
>No idea. :)
>
>llvmc is a work in progress which has stagnated somewhat.  I strongly
>recommend using llvm-gcc directly.

Bram:
About the only way I know of to get that error is if you linked LLVM into a loadable module and loaded it with llvmc. Did you do that? If so, don't link any LLVM stuff into your module!  See the Makefile in the "Hello" transform for an example of how to do this.  If you need to use something in LLVM that is not linked into llvmc (so it can't be dynamically resolved at load time), then either a) find another way to do it (without using LLVM) or b) copy the code and link it statically into your loadable module making sure that you remove any static constructors/destructors for pass registration, statistics or command line options.

Reid.