[LLVMdev] LLVM with Microsoft Visual Studio

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 03:56:09 PDT 2007

On 3/11/07, Jeff Cohen <jeffc at jolt-lang.org> wrote:
> No, the problem with StoreSDNode was that an argument as being called Value,
> which hid the class Value later on in the argument list.  This also broke
> 2003 and was fixed a while ago.

Ok, I didn't know that. We've been using the 1.9 tarball version, as I said.

>  _WIN32_WINNT is not supposed to be predefined, so that warning shouldn't be
> occurring.  I have never seen it myself, and a predefined value could be
> inappropriate.

Many win32 projects define this globally when they need some specific
target version of the platform SDK. Maybe the correct way would be to
do a less-than check and bail out instead.

> Most of the other changes seem to be about inserting casts, and I'd like to
> know what errors they are fixing.  The casts are not needed with GCC or VS
> 2003.

I didn't add those but I'm fairly sure they only fixed warnings about
c-style casts.

So in effect my patch offered zero value for the list, please disregard it :-)

// A