[LLVMdev] For the avoidance of doubt...

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 09:52:55 PDT 2007

Sarah Thompson wrote:
> ... can *any* instruction(s) other than load and store cause memory
> reads or writes?

Not that I know of, but some intrinsic functions do.

> This is pretty important, because I need to be able to track (at least)
> writes, and ideally also reads in order to be able to make
> explicit-state model checking work efficiently.

I specifically know that the atomic intrinsic functions I am adding will
write to memory by definition. There may be others that I am not fully
aware of. The LangRef.html has been updated with fairly detailed
information about these intrinsics, but please let me know if there are
unanswered questions.

-Chandler Carruth