[LLVMdev] "Re: How to reply beneath the message I want to talk about in the Thread"

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Fri Feb 9 17:09:05 PST 2007

> Thank you for your tip.
> But it's still not sure about "reply" you mentioned.
> All I can get is LLVMdev Digest from llvmdev-request at cs.uiuc.edu.
> Do you mean replying to this LLVMdev Digest from llvmdev-request at cs.uiuc.edu?

No. I meant to reply to the original message that was sent to the list.
Mail archives use the "In-Reply-To" field of the mail header to determine
what email is the "parent" when creating the threads.

You can read about mail headers here or google for it:
http://www.mailmsg.com/emailheaders.htm

I don't believe you can set that "In-Reply-To" field with most mail
clients.

I would recommend subscribing to the list and not the digest if you plan
on participating in discussions.

> I indeed tried to use Re: TITLE OF LLVM DEV LIST.
> But it doesn't look like working.

That won't work for the reason I mentioned above.

-Tanya