[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc-4.2 and gfortran

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Thu Dec 27 09:14:28 PST 2007

Anton,
   Doh! It appears that *-*-darwin* is preset in configure to
not build libgfortran...

  # APPLE LOCAL end ARM darwin target
  powerpc-*-darwin* | i[3456789]86-*-darwin*)
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs bfd binutils ld gas opcodes gdb gprof"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs sim target-rda"
    # LLVM LOCAL begin
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-boehm-gc target-libffi"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgfortran target-libjava"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libmudflap target-libobjc"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libssp target-libstdc++-v3 target-zlib"
    # LLVM LOCAL end
    ;;
  *-*-darwin*)
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld gas gdb gprof"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs sim target-rda"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
    # LLVM LOCAL begin
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-boehm-gc target-libffi"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgfortran target-libjava"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libmudflap target-libobjc"
    noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libssp target-libstdc++-v3 target-zlib"
    # LLVM LOCAL end
    ;;

I'll try removing libgfortran from noconfigdirs. Also, I am using the llvm-gcc-4.2
sources that I pulled with...

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm-gcc-4.2/trunk llvm-gcc-4.2

and these are currently at revision 45366. Are these the same sources that you
are using? Lastly, are there any issues with running the gcc testsuite
within the llvm-gcc-4.2 directories that I should be aware of? Thanks in
advance for any information.
                    Jack