[LLVMdev] constructing 'for' statement from LLVM bitcode

Seung Jae Lee lee225 at uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 25 00:28:07 PDT 2007

---- Original message ----
>Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:23:39 -0700
>From: Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org>
>Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] constructing 'for' statement from LLVM bitcode
>

>On Aug 24, 2007, at 10:07 PM, Seung Jae Lee wrote:
>
>> Do you have any idea on how I can construct 'for' more systemically
>> with this CDG info from LLVM bitcode?
>>

>I strongly suggest looking at the Muchnick book: http://
>www.amazon.com/Advanced-Compiler-Design-Implementation-Muchnick/dp/
>1558603204
>
>It has a section on "structural analysis" that you will find useful.
>
>Why do you want "for statements"?

Thank you for this info, Chris.
I'm doing this 'cause I'm making a backend for a virtual machine assembly has an instruction which is very similar to 'for' statement.
I know this seems quite strange for that machine instruction looks quite high-level.
Furthermore, it doesn't have instructions such as 'br' in LLVM so this is why I have to re-construct 'for' statement for the assembly from LLVM bitcode. (I must not use 'goto' in the high-level source code, either. :-/)

Thanks,
SJL