[LLVMdev] Choosing Alias Analysis

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Aug 9 15:27:23 PDT 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, David Greene wrote:
>> As you've figured out, not all options are exposed by llvm-gcc. You'll
>> have to update llvm-gcc.
>
> So what's the right way to do this?  There's the regalloc way, which invents
> a whole new class just to register register allocators and provide an option
> for picking one.  But alias analysis already uses AnalysisGroup so a new class
> to register alias analysis passes isn't necessary.

I'm not sure what you mean.  The passmgr already fully supports this.

> It seems desireable to augment AnalysisGroup with the ability to provide
> command-line options.  Is this a good strategy or is there a better way?

Command line options are already fully published by opt.  llvm-gcc
intentionally does not publish all of the llvm options through cc1.  We
can add new options, but that has to be an explicit design decision.  We
do allow you to use some options through -mllvm -foo, but that won't help
in this case.

Also note that the current implementation of andersens is "research
quality".

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/