[LLVMdev] Choosing Alias Analysis

David Greene dag at cray.com
Thu Aug 9 14:52:01 PDT 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 16:29, Devang Patel wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2007, at 2:22 PM, David Greene wrote:
> > A better question to ask is, how do I do this with llvm-gcc?  My
> > perusal of
> > the code doesn't turn up any obvious places for options for alias
> > analysis
> > are registered.
>
> As you've figured out, not all options are exposed by llvm-gcc. You'll
> have to update llvm-gcc.

So what's the right way to do this?  There's the regalloc way, which invents
a whole new class just to register register allocators and provide an option
for picking one.  But alias analysis already uses AnalysisGroup so a new class
to register alias analysis passes isn't necessary.

It seems desireable to augment AnalysisGroup with the ability to provide
command-line options.  Is this a good strategy or is there a better way?

                                             -Dave