[LLVMdev] LLVM command options in Visual Studio

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Fri Apr 6 07:55:10 PDT 2007

Seung Jae Lee wrote:
> Thank you for your kind explanation.
> I did it as you mentioned.
> That is, I set '-march=x86 hello.bc' in the Command Arguments.
> (I also set my compiled LLC, i.e., LLVM_ROOT_DIR\win32\debug\llc.exe, in the property name Command.)

You didn't need to do this.  The default of $(TargetPath) is correct.

> But, when I made a breakpoint in main( ) of llc.cpp and then started to debug I found the 'InputFilename'(llc.cpp:176) is shown like {???}. Therefore it didn't proceed

You need to expand the object into its component members by clicking on
the +.  You'll see:
'llvm::cl::opt_storage<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>
 >,0,1>    {"hello.bc"}' as the second field of the object.

> further, spitting out 'bytecode didn't read correctly.'
> (Of course, my bytecode was trasferred to my computer as binary.)

Can't help you here.  I have no idea why your hello.bc is corrupted.
All I can suggest is to step through the bytecode reader and see why
it's unhappy (there should be a reason following "bytecode didn't read
correctly").  You might also try specifying hello.bc with a full path,
or setting the Working Directory to where the file resides.